WHO SCARED THIS ADORABLE PIECE OF FLUFF
fun fact about bunnies!!!!!! this bun isn’t scared, it’s happy! when bunnies jump into the air and twist their bodies around, that’s called a binky, which is one of the ways they play around and have fun!
Government is good.
Big Brother is watching you.
The State wants to take care of you.
north Korea scares me to death. the fact that a place like that still exists in modern day. those people are prisoners.
these don’t even cover half of how many f-d up things are going on in north korea
Poem written by an 11 year old Afghan girl
This poem was recorded in a NYT magazine article about female underground poetry groups in Afghanistan. An amazing article about the ways in which women are using a traditional two line poetry form to express their resistance to male oppression, their feelings about love (considered blasphemous).
- globally, 77,600,000 girls do not attend school
- there are 33,000,000 fewer girls than boys in primary education
- girls with secondary education are 6 times less likely to be married as children
- a girl with 7 years of schooling in the developing world will have 2.2 fewer children
- a child born to a literate mother is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- two thirds of the 775,000,000 illiterate adults, and 63% of illiterate youth, are female
- literate mothers are twice as likely to immunize their children and send them to school
- a girl who completes basic education is 3 times less likely to contract HIV
- a girl earns 20% more as an adult for every additional year of education she receives
- a nation’s GDP rises an average of 3% when 10% more its girls attend school
- less than 2% of international development funds are specifically allocated to girls
- school is not free in over 50 countries
photos: (1) malala yousafza before addressing the un; (2) joey l. of a school for the hamar tribe in ethiopia; (3) beawiharta in jakarta of students who risk life crossing a collpased bridge to get to school; (4) muhammed muheisen in pakistan; (5) altaf gadri of an unofficial school run for slum dwellers held under a bridge in new delhi; (6) paula bronstein of burmese refugees in thailand at a school in their refugee camp; (7) daniel leong mun sung in cambodia; (8) per anders pettersson, uganda; (9) lana slezic in afghanistan; (10) roberto schmidt in afghanistan, where acid attacks and poisoning of water by the taliban is on the increase at schools for girls. sources x, x
you have not experienced true panic until you come face to face with an overflowing toilet
at a friend’s house
During a fancy party.
And that’s the only bathroom.
And there’s a line.
what depths of hell did you guys spawn from